We are excited to host Graduation for the Class of 2020 next Saturday on the Frist Campus. Unfortunately, current health protocols in Nashville do not permit us to hold this ceremony in the format that we had hoped. Given the city's limitations on gathering sizes, we have had to reimagine how we will appropriately celebrate this class in smaller groups. To that end, we have devised a plan that will honor each student along with the other members of their advisory group. This will allow for a meaningful, personal experience within existing public health guidelines. The details of this plan are as follows:
- Ceremony: There will be twelve ceremonies—one ceremony for each advisory—that will take place at specified times throughout the morning and early afternoon. The list of advisories with their time slots is below.
- Guests: Students may be accompanied by ONLY two guests.
- CDC guidelines: Before leaving for campus, each student and guest must complete the COVID-19 Risk Screening Questionnaire. Each Senior and their guests will enter at the Founders Hall Lobby to check in and have their temperature taken again and to ensure everyone has masks. Masks will be provided for Seniors, and we ask guests to bring their own.
- Enter/Exit: Seniors and their guests will enter Founders Hall and be escorted to the Dining Hall, which will be the staging area for this event. We ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes before the time of your specific ceremony. Seniors and their guests will then exit through the dining hall doors to the quad for their ceremony. After the ceremony, please exit through quad gates. It is important that you do not congregate in the parking lot or other campus areas before or after your ceremony.
- Seating: Seniors and their two guests will sit in an assigned box under a tent on the quad. Seating boxes will be in alphabetical order for each advisory.
- Photos: Photos will be taken of Seniors receiving their diploma. Guests may have their photos taken with their Senior by an Ensworth photographer before exiting the ceremony.
- Dress: Seniors should wear their caps and gowns over comfortable clothing (formal dress is not required) along with dress shoes suitable for walking on grass.
Order of Ceremonies
8:00-8:30 - Bahr
8:30-9:00 - Jackoboice
9:00-9:30 - Johnson
9:30-10:00 - Maigler
10:00-10:30 - Mischinski
10:30-11:00 - Morgan
11:00-11:30 - Salazar
11:30-12:00 - Schneider
12:00-12:30 - Scott
12:30-1:00 - Todd
1:00-1:30 - Wang
1:30-2:00 - White